The SABDC is the sector representative body for the South African book industry. It aims to increase access to books through a diverse range of strategies and programmes. The opportunity below requires a skilled individual or small company to deliver bookkeeping services to the SABDC.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Bookkeeping Service – in office.
REPORTING TO: Office Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Computerised bookkeeping to trail balance.
- Project Reports.
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and be flexible with tasks where necessary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive-environment where meeting deadlines is critical
- High integrity and professionalism
- Cooperation with Office Manager and CEO
- Ability to work independently and handle frequently-changing needs
- Ability to deliver a professional and friendly service under pressure
- Ability to follow and implement instructions
- Excellent work ethic
- Good verbal and written communication
- Post matric certificate or diploma in bookkeeping
- A minimum of 5 years computerised bookkeeping experience
- Proven proficiency in MS Excel
- Valid driver’s license and own transport.
- Basic understanding of the donor sector in South Africa
- Proficient in English and able to speak and understand at least one other official South African language
- Computer proficiency essential ® MSWord, MSExcel, Pastel
A minimum of 10 working days per month.
Please send detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14 February 2020