The South African Book Development Council (SABDC) is the sector representative body for the South African book industry. It aims to increase access to books through a diverse range of strategies and programmes. The work of the SABDC firmly declares the values and principles required for change and transformation in the South African book industry. Its success has far-reaching positive consequences for the country.
As such, the SABDC is a leading-edge organisation that is working in new and pioneering ways to overcome the most challenging barriers faced by the South African book publishing sector. Based in Cape Town, the SABDC seeks to appoint a skilled individual with the necessary drive and passion to fulfil the position of:
Reporting to the CEO, the Office Manager/Administrator will manage the day-to-day administrative and support functions required for the effective and efficient running of the South African Book Development Council.
The Office Manager/Administrator will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the implementation and monitoring of administrative systems and processes for the efficient operation of the SABDC
- Implementing and monitoring HR Administration
- Managing funding contracts and deliverables
- VIP and stakeholder management
- Managing and communicating with all external contacts
- Administrative support to National Book Week
- Overseeing financial reporting and bookkeeping function
The Office Manager/Administrator must meet the following criteria:
- Post matric certificate or diploma in Administration or HR
- A minimum of 5 years office management, financial administration and basic HR experience
- Advanced administration skills
- Valid driver’s license, own transport
- Basic understanding of the development sector in South Africa
- Proficient in English and ability to speak, read and write at least one other official South African language
- Computer proficiency essential – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Pastel, Data Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills to prioritise and plan work activities effectively
- High integrity and professionalism
Preference will be given to EE candidates.